Students will gain confidence in performing, ensemble work, creativity, and public speaking. Students have numerous opportunities to perform and to create different characters during up-on-your-feet stage time, as well as write and perform an original monologue.
- 100% participation in class projects, games, and activities
- Respectfully demonstrate appropriate audience behavior for all presentations
- Perform as an individual and ensemble on stage
- Discover the importance of theatre arts vocabulary and concepts
- Create improvisational scenes with partners;
- Rehearse as an ensemble to bring an improvised scene to life;
- Collaborate as a group to adapt a fairy tale story into a scripted ensemble.
- Work in small groups to create and perform a commercial.
- Learn how to identify a monologue
- Collaborate as a group to adapt a fairy tale story into a scripted ensemble performance
- Create and analyze a character based on a favorite song
- Collaborate with the class to create and perform an emotional scripted monologue;
- Original costume design for final performance of original composition